This year’s eTwinning National Conference will take place during May, in collaboration with EMBED 2011. There will be an exhibition of all the eTwinning projects and other ICT related projects created by teachers and students from all over Malta and Gozo. During the exhibition week there will also be pupils’ workshops where they will use various software and innovative technologies. The conference will culminate in an award giving ceremony for the best projects. eTwinning will also be awarding the best eTwinning projects for the scholastic year 2010-2011 in Primary and in Secondary schools.
Teachers participating in eTwinning projects during this scholastic year are being invited to apply for the National Quality Label. Once this label is granted, the project will automatically participate in the eTwinning National Awards.
How to apply for the Quality Label:
1) Organize your project TwinSpace: make sure that all the project resources are uploaded and/or well documented on your project TwinSpace. (Preference will be given to projects using the eTwinning tools provided on the TwinSpace. If you use any other website or blog, you can at least link to them on your TwinSpace.)
2) Apply for the Quality Label: go to the Projects tab and click on the Apply for Quality Label link. Fill in all the details and submit.
1) Pedagogical Innovation and Creativity – how your project displays an innovative approach toteaching and learning
2) Curricular Integration – how the project integrates into the curriculum
3) Collaboration between partner schools – how the project was planned between the partner teachers; what the role of each partner in the project was; and the collaboration between pupils in the project
4) Creative use of ICT – what tools and devices were used to make the project creative
5) Sustainability and Transferability – how the project could be expanded upon; how it could be used as a template for others
6) Results and Benefits – what the outcomes of the project were; and the benefits to the participants and their schools
Teachers who wish their project/s to be part of the eTwinning National Awards must apply for the Quality Label by not later than 15th April. All applications will be evaluated within a fortnight from closing date. All those projects awarded the Quality Label by end of April 2011 will be eligible for the National Awards.
For more information or queries kindly contact the eTwinning National Support Service on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 2598 2150.